Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hello

Hi and welcome to Mary Martha Mama!  I'm Cat and I wear a lot of hats as a 30 something woman, wife, and mama to two little boys.  This blog is something that has been ruminating in my mind and heart for over a year now.  I wanted a place to let out a little creativity and partake in the community of moms out there on the internet.  Why did I choose "Mary Martha Mama" as the title of my blog?  It has to do with all those different hats that I wear on a daily basis.



Mary
In the Bible we read several accounts of interaction between Jesus and the sibling group of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus.  Mary is often remembered as the one who sat listening to Jesus' teachings.  I find my identity foremost in my relationship with God.  Before any other role, this is the one that defines me.  I am loved and redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ, and so I am a Child of God.  As wives and mothers, sometimes our lives are very full, but it is so important and refreshing to stop and listen and focus on our spiritual growth and development.  And so here I hope to stop and reflect, and share about my spiritual life and in particular books and other resources that I find helpful which in turn I hope helps others.

Martha
While Mary was sitting and listening, Martha was busy preparing the meal and making the house preparations for the guests.  The home maker part of me really relates to Martha.  I love to make a great meal for others and we are working on making our house a beautiful, comfortable home for our family and guests to enjoy.  Sharing great recipes, cleaning tips, and decorating ideas is so much fun and I am greatly looking forward to it.

Mama
I cherish my two boys.  They are absolutely gifts from God.  Having kids is the most rewarding and joyous thing I have ever done, but it is also the most difficult.  Hands down.  No contest.  So many moms out there have helped me by sharing their experiences and ideas that I hope to be able to do that for someone else.  And let me just say, this is a judgement free zone.  A lot of moms out there feel the need to be judgmental about other moms' decisions.  If there is anything that motherhood has taught me, it's not to judge.  Yes, you should feel passionately about your decisions and experiences, but don't assume that your choices are the only correct ones or the right ones for another mom's situation.  We often only see a very small piece of someone else's picture, so we really can't know everything that is going on in that mother's life.  Instead of judging, I want to focus on sharing in the journey of motherhood and helping each other along the way.

I am not terribly original, and I tell my husband that all my best ideas are "stolen" from others, but I always give credit to my sources.  I may not be an expert, but perhaps by sharing my experiences and ideas that I have picked up along the way, then I can help someone else out there too.  So come along with me and let's have some fun along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I do moderate each comment. Anything inappropriate or spammy will be deleted. Let's keep it positive and fun!